Here Are Some Quick and Easy Ways To Navigate Your Kindle
• Performing a search: Simply begin typing and the search line will appear. Click “Find” to search within the content you’re reading. Or, navigate to the right to search within My Items, Kindle Store, Google, or other areas.
• Entering numbers: Press the Symbol key (Sym) to enter numbers. You can also use the top row of the keyboard. From left to right, the letters in the top row represent the numbers 1 through 9. To enter a number: Press Alt + a letter. For example, Alt + Q types the number 1.
• Displaying time: Press Menu from any Kindle screen to display the device time at the top of the screen.
• Connecting to a Wi-Fi network: Press Home > Press menu > Select settings > Select view next to “Wi-Fi Settings” > Select “connect” next to the desired network > Enter password if required and choose submit.
• Listening to your books by using Text-to-Speech: While reading, press the Text key and then use the 5-way to underline “turn on” for “Text-to-Speech.” You can also press Shift + Sym to stop or play and Spacebar to pause or resume.
• Skipping to the next chapter: Press the right arrow on the 5-way controller to skip to the next chapter in your book. The left arrow will skip to the beginning of the previous chapter.
Shopping in the Kindle Store
• To Visit the Kindle store: Press Alt + Home to go directly to the Kindle Store.
• Sampling Kindle books: You can sample many Kindle books for free by clicking the “Send sample now” button when shopping in the Kindle Store.
• Subscribing to magazines: All newspapers, magazines, and blogs come with a free 14-day trial. You can cancel your subscription at any time during this period via the Manage Your Kindle page on Amazon.com. After the trial period, your subscription will automatically be delivered at the regular monthly price.
• Cancelling accidental purchases: You can cancel accidental purchases yourself by selecting “Purchased by Accident? Cancel this Order” on the order confirmation page displayed on your Kindle.
• Getting the most out of Kindle’s battery: Turn wireless off when not shopping the Kindle Store, downloading content, or using the experimental web browser.
Organize your Kindle content
• Organizing your Kindle library with Collections: To create a new collection, press Home > Menu > Create New Collection. Type the name of your collection, and then use the 5-way to select “Save.” You may add one item to many collections.
• Carrying and reading personal documents: You can carry and read your personal documents on Kindle. Each Kindle has a unique and customizable e-mail address which allows you to send your documents to your Kindle wirelessly. Kindle supports wireless delivery of unprotected Microsoft Word (DOC, DOCX), PDF, HTML, TXT, RTF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, PRC and MOBI files.
• Transfering MP3 files to your Kindle: Transfer MP3 files from your computer to the “music” folder on your Kindle. To listen, select “play music” from the Experimental page.
• Creating a bookmark: Create a bookmark by pressing Alt + B, or by moving the 5-way up or down to go into cursor mode and then pressing the middle of the 5-way controller twice. You can also press the Menu button, and select “add a bookmark.”
• Adding a note to a book: Move the cursor to the word where you want to add your note and begin typing. Select “save note” when finished.
• Removing a highlight while reading a book: Press menu > Select “Add a Note or Highlight” > Navigate the blinking cursor over the highlight you want to remove and press the Del key.
• Removing a Highlight from your own list of Highlights: Press Menu > Select “View My Notes & Marks > Navigate to the highlight you want to remove > Press the delete key > Select “Close Notes & Marks” to exit.
• Posting a passage or comment from your reading to Facebook or Twitter: Highlight a passage > Enter note/comment about passage > Select “Save & Share” from the options at the bottom of the note window when finished.
BACK TO TOP OF PAGE↑
Note: The information & links presented on this page are furnished by Amazon.com